History

The roots of Chester Community Church can be traced back to at least 1910 when it was part of an American Sunday School Union ministry in the Chester community of Spokane Valley. The church was formally incorporated, and building was built along Dishman Mica Road across from where Barney's Super Market is located today.

In 1960 the church acquired property and began construction of a larger building at the present location at 11703 E. Dishman Mica Road. The building was started in 1961, and the church moved there in 1974.

Some former pastors included Eldred Bagley, Leo Bollman, Jimmie Bates. In 2005 Rev. Robert Hargrove came and co-pastored with Jimmie until March 2008; and continues to serve the Lord and the congregation as pastor.

The mission of Chester Community Church is to glorify God as the gospel of His matchless grace is proclaimed.